Sunday, May 19, 2013

Staying Local

This blog might have been inactive over the last month and a half but my climbing sure hasn't! Since spring break I've gotten out almost every weekend to one close climbing spot or another. It's been fun cleaning up projects that seemed too hard or were just out of reach. As mentioned before I've met Keath but also Amber, who drives me/us to a lot to the areas, Thanks!!, Sunshine and their friends. It's been nice having a crew all around my age, it makes for fun times post-sending ;)

 Cotton Pony Done!
 Musashi, fell from finish pinch, Next Time!
 Andrew? Bouldering? Yep! The Real Thing
 Keath putting away The Coffee Cup
 Finally did the start moves of Lighten Up
 Eva getting creative on Summer Solstice
 Kevin working his way up Chronic
 Lisa on Ross Bongo
 New? stuff literally right off of I-90, some easy stuff and a hard slab not shown
 Keath hatin on Cave 10, messed with lighting with Nikon Software
  Dispatching Cave 10? Now I need a new rainy day option...

 Getting closer on Dirty Dude!!

Sequence 2b from Jimmy C. on Vimeo.
Sooooo I just found out how to edit/produce in HD with FCE4. Only took me a year and a half to find where to click...

Leavenworth: Found a fun new warm up circuit in Forestland starting with a lap or two on Breadline, then traverse the top from breadline to the down climb. Next is The Real Thing followed by The Shield and Busted. After this I'm ready for anything! Also managed to but away Cotton Pony v11 from the minus bar and send the cool 10? line in the Schist Cave. Also did a scary ascent of Answer Man, v6, a rad line in the Straightaways with cool moment over a split level landing. Yikes! I now have a few projects lined up for Fall, Turbulence v12, Beautification v11, Dirty Dude v10, Musashi v9. Psyched to train over summer and get ready to put some burns in!

Gold Bar: Hiked to the top with Amber, Megan, Eva, Sunshine & Keath. Finally was able to put away Lighten Up v9 which took so long due to the intercate-ish start. The dyno was just as fun as I remembered! Next we moved to the clear cut where we caught some rays and greased some holds up. This fall I'm willing to make the hike for these problems, Green Goblin v11, Equinox v10, Twisted v10, Rubiks Cube v9 & Brick Layer v1. Also Mercedes v10 at the 5 star!

Little Si: Well my enduro is decent but needs some work if I'm going to send stuff....
It was fun to climb here again and Lisa did well cruising through Propaganda with just a few quick takes. It was nice to climb with her again and can't wait for my knee pad to come in and hit up RC in Portland!!!!!

So now I just need to convince my self to train for fall, sport climb and find/clean/FA new stuff around Seattle. We've already found some close stuff and it's awesome having a Geographer in the crew to help find stuff. Amber is turning into an excellent Expoulderer!! Get out there and Enjoy dry the weather why you can! -JC

No comments: